The Montreal Blues Society is once again proud to participate in the 2017 edition of the International Blues Challenge's 'Best Self-Produced CD' category.
The Blues Foundation, based in Memphis, is the organization which oversees the Blues Hall of Fame, the Blues Music Awards, and the International Blues Challenge. The Blues Foundation organizes the International Blues Challenge (IBC) which allows blues artists all over the world to perform in front of people from the industry and to showcase their art.
Last year, Michael Jerome Browne album, Sliding Delta, was selected by the jury assembled by the Montreal Blues Society and finished within the top 5 finalists at the 2016 competition.
The prizes for the winning entry at the IBC in Memphis is as follows:
• Personalized Plaque and $1000 cash prize
• Airplay on Music Choice, your cable and satellite TV Blues channel
• Blues Breaker status on The BluesMobile radio show with Elwood Blues
• PLUS additional airplay on radio shows hosted by our deejay judges around the country
To participate in this competition, your album must have been released between November 1st, 2015 and October 31st, 2016.
With the help of some of Quebec's blues personalities, the winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Blues content (is this a blues music recording?)
• Musical performance (musicianship)
• Audio quality of the presentation (production values, levels)
• Cover art and design (professional packaging, ready for the rack)
• Credits and liner Information (informative, professional)
10 points will be awarded for each category. The album with the most points will be selected and mailed off to Memphis to compete.
Please be advised that five copies of the album are required to be sent out to the competition judges in Memphis if you are selected by the Quebec judges. An important note, the winner will NOT have to attend the IBC in Memphis for this category.
Please contact us at the email address below by October 7th to submit your entry. There are no fees to enter this contest.
Thank you for your participation.
For more information or questions you can contact: